The Web Developer is responsible for the design and development of IT tools required for different internal projects in the Epidemiology and Public Health Research Unit (Department of Population Health).
He will also give advice on IT tools/solutions and will ensure the implementation and maintenance of developed software.
- Draft the specifications of the IT solutions and have them validated, taking into account the ergonomic aspects
- Suggest IT solutions that are adapted to the context of the projects
- Respect the development standards and architectural constraints of the national registries in place at LIH.
- Develop & test IT solutions, document the source program.
- Ensure the maintenance of the software after the implementation.
- Manage the databases and archive them according to the security rules.
- Attend project monitoring meetings to focus on IT issues
Job Requirements as Web Developer
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology
- Previous professional experience of at least 4 years in a similar position
- Language skills: fluent in French and English (written and oral), knowledge of another language especially German or Luxembourgish would be an asset
- Good organisational and relational skills, precision, ability to manage an important workload and respect deadlines
- Methodical and quality concerned
- Web technologies, Database modelling with a proved ability to adapt and learn new languages, reporting
- Angular, ASP.NET, MVC / MVVM model, C#
Considered as an asset
- UML modelling
- Other languages: PHP, Python, Go, Java, R
- Machine learning and natural language processing
- Environmental tools such as Git
- A permanent full time contrat, 40 hours working week with flexible working hours
- Remuneration based on professional achievement
- Sport infrastructure access for free
- 50% public transport costs covered by the company
- Minimum Years of Experience 4
- Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
- Salary Range Negotiable
- This job has expired!
The Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public research organisation at the forefront of biomedical sciences.
With its strong expertise in population health, oncology, infection and immunity as well as storage and handling of biological samples, its research activities impact on people’s health.
At the Luxembourg Institute of Health, devoted scientists investigate disease mechanisms to develop new diagnostics, innovative therapies and effective tools to implement personalised medicine.
The institution is the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong cooperation partner in local and international projects and an attractive training place for ambitious early-stage researchers.
- Address Luxembourg