RHEA Group is looking for an extremely talented and creative UI Developer to work on a really exciting and new project. You will be based in our offices located at the Harwell Campus area close to Oxford.
About the project
Weather-related extreme events not only have a negative impact on food security and supply, they also affect the income of households working in the agriculture sector. The UK Space Agency and a consortium led by RHEA Group have joined forces with the Ugandan Ministry of Water and Environment and local NGOs to develop a Drought and Flood Mitigation Service (DFMS) that will help Ugandan farmers respond to effects in agriculture effectively.
The DFMS will use satellite- and ground-based data combined with drought and flood models to produce and share better forecasts for the management of water resources. Unlike the current weather forecasts, DFMS provides local prediction, with a parish level detail, ensuring more specific and accurate data.
Tasks and Activities as UI Developer
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Responsible for the implementation of creating interesting visual elements on the web for our application.
Mandatory skills as UI Developer:
- Ideally you should have experiences with GeoNode. As this is rare experience in the following skills will be transferable:
- Django: Python framework
- OpenLayers: mapping feature library
- css, experience developing scalable responsive sites
Desirable skills as UI Developer:
- UI development
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
Apply for job
RHEA Group is more than a trusted partner but an active collaborator to the European Space Agency (ESA), Belspo, the European GNSS Agency, the European Commission, the European Southern Observatory, and EUMETSAT. From working on the European flagship navigation system (Galileo) and Earth Observation program (Copernicus) to the exploration of the Red Planet (ExoMars) and launching the first spacecraft landing on a comet (Rosetta). Our experts are building the future of the industry by driving the most groundbreaking missions.
RHEA Group is the sole creator of MOIS, the software automating the different complex processes involved in space missions, reducing the operations’ preparation time while increasing the quality of testing and safety of missions. MOIS is used as a standard by ESA and has advanced more than 100 missions.
- Address Belgium