ABOUT THE ROLE
What matters most to InterNations is people who are talented and passionate about what we do. We’re thinking about making a development hub in Halle and need talented developers to join us.
Our engineering teams architect, develop, and test our products. As a Team Lead Engineering, your mission is to serve your team as a leader, support your team members’ professional growth, and help your team in achieving great results. At InterNations you will contribute to connecting global minds and making expat life a great experience.
As a member of an international, cross-functional Product Experience Team (PXT), you will help your team architect, implement, and test new functionality and maintain existing functionality. Our PXTs organize themselves using SCRUM and you will work closely with your Product Manager and your team on the feasibility of concepts and upcoming changes. You will still write code but prioritize your leadership duties.
As an engineering team lead, you will lead and take part in cross-team initiatives: architectural changes, refactoring, establishment of best practices, and personal development.
What we are looking for:
- strong engineering background and experience with web applications
- strong managerial skills, proven track record in leading teams to successfully deliver high-quality software
- experience and an interest in distributed systems and scalability
- experience with automated testing, be it unit, functional and/or acceptance testing
What we value:
- developing our skills, teaching each other, and learning ways to build better software
- user testing, experimentation, automated testing, and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do
- fostering collaboration
- strong display of engineering discipline and rigor
- a servant leadership style
Technologies we use:
PHP 7, Symfony 3, MariaDB, Solr, RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcached, Behat, PHPUnit, React, Backbone, Twig, Jest, Karma, React Native, Webpack, Flow, Less
Then start the conversation by sending us your application today. Don’t forget to include your CV and a cover letter. Tell us about past projects you contributed to and are proud of. We also like to hear about what kind of work environment you thrive in and what technologies you find interesting right now.
Apply for job
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills
- independent projects and training sessions for interns
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
- Address Germany