We are seeking for a Software Engineer for our Dublin office. The role will involve working with a mixed team of front-end, full-stack, back-end and mobile developers, and close collaboration with our Product Design team.
Familiarity with a specific technology is not as important as a strong desire to learn and a delight in seeing your software in the hands of customers. We are building a scalable and resilient backend system which processes billions of events on a daily basis and handles thousands of requests per second, and a modern and beautiful web interface. We use a wide range of technologies, including Java, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Hadoop, Presto DB, React, Redux, and many more, and we are looking for developers who can contribute in one or more of these areas.
Who is Swrve?
Swrve is a comprehensive mobile marketing platform for enterprise companies to design, deliver and automate mobile interactions and campaigns that engage their users. With deep analytic capabilities and sophisticated engagement tools on top of a real-time engine, our global team is building the next generation of marketing technology—already on 2+ billion mobile devices worldwide—and we’re just getting started.
What qualities are we looking in a Software Engineer?
- A passion for development coupled with a keen interest in exploring and using the right technologies for the task at hand.
- Desire to work in environment where you are shipping code frequently to high availability, high scale services handling 100,000+ requests/second, without downtime.
- The ability to suggest and get up to speed with new technologies or development practices as they are introduced.
- Great communicator, who thrives working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Highly motivated individual and a strong customer advocate, focused on contributing to the user experience.
What will I be doing as Software Engineer?
- Working closely with our product and customer teams, using your broad knowledge of our stack to move easily between our many services and technologies, and building out powerful features and improvements.
- Broadening your skill-set, as you work across our stack, getting exposed and skilling up quickly in a wide range of technologies.
- Ensuring that we are taking advantage of the latest technologies, tools and practices; keeping abreast of upcoming platform updates and trends.
- Being an active participant in peer code reviews and release retrospectives; helping maintain high development standards across the team, striving for continuous improvement.
- Contributing directly to discussions and development of our product.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary, and generous equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Two volunteer days – to help out with the charity of your choice
- Extra holiday day for your birthday
- Public transport TaxSaver scheme
- Fitness reimbursement policy
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday
- Well stocked craft beer fridge
- Cycle-to-work scheme and secure bike storage
Swrve is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the continued development of employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or membership of the Travelling community.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.
Apply for job
Swrve transforms the way brands connect and interact with customers in an increasingly mobile-centric world. Our integrated Mobile Engagement Platform enables enterprise organizations to deliver compelling mobile experiences and campaigns that drive engagement, revenue and ROI.
Swrve is used by the world’s largest and smartest mobile businesses, including Sony, The Guardian, Condé Nast, Warner Brothers and Microsoft. Our customers have delivered more than two billion mobile messages, and every single day our platform processes over ten billion events across over a billion devices.
Visit our continually updated website to view more about our platform and to try it out for your app!
- Address Ireland