The Software Developer (m/f) situated in Vienna works on developing and further developing the FERNBACH applications. He/she works in a team and generally uses defined processes as well as tried and tested methods for development purposes. Sometimes, he/she may also work with Xtreme programming or rapid prototyping. In an agile team that works together closely, his/her expertise is required to meet the daily challenges from internal and external customers and continuously develop our software further using modern technologies.
The Software Developer (m/f) reports to the Head of Development Services. Working in close cooperation with various departments and customers, product and customer-specific requirements are planned in the team and implemented by the developers.
Area of Responsibility
The Software Developer (m/f) is responsible for the design and development of software components, the relevant module and integration tests as well as for the documentation.
The Software Developer (m/f) has to face diverse challenges in his/her daily work. Besides solving product-specific queries from our customers at technical level, the Software Developer (m/f) further develops our components and solutions using modern technologies (e.g. PrimeFaces, Spring, Hibernate, Apps etc.) and supports the innovative and efficient mapping of functional processes for our customers and other interested parties.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming and object modelling
- Generative programming
- Distributed, agile development approaches
- Experience with the operating systems Linux, Windows
- JavaEE, JSP, JSF, Groovy, XML
- With PrimeFaces, JQuery, Hibernate, Maven or Groovy would be an asset
- With app development (iOS, Android) would be an asset
- In the financial or insurance sector would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Innovative and solution-oriented mind-set
- Ideally, good knowledge of the technical development landscape
- Well-structured, organised, transparent and team-oriented working approach
- Team player
Task and Level of Authority
- The Software Developer (m/f) makes decisions regarding the optimum implementation of business requirements in the relevant programming language on the basis of the current specifications and processes taking performance, maintenance, documentation and localisation requirements into account
- He/she draws up implementation plans for the tasks assigned to him/her
- He/she draws up technical concepts
- He/she initiates tests to check the quality of his/her results
- He/she ensures that all quality standards are met
- He/she ensures that the specified production and delivery dates are adhered to, by using a forward-looking working approach
- He/she works in the project team with the customer, if necessary
- He/she is responsible for correct time recording for the tasks assigned and processed by the unit/project leader
- He/she is expected to further develop his/her skills according to the development issues specified in the annual reviews
- Fluent written and spoken German, English (very good/good written and spoken)
- or any other foreign language would be an asset
- A university degree (or equivalent) in Informatics or Business Informatics
- or similar training
Apply for job
FERNBACH is a group of medium-sized companies operating worldwide in software and consulting.
For the past thirty years, we enjoyed considerable success in the financial technology sector. A broad customer base, ranging from international financial institutions to regional private banks, relies on FERNBACH’s solutions.
Since the beginning, our team has covered all the topics related to interest and currency-based operations. This comprises requirements for the treasury and accounting departments as well as all kinds of legal standards.
Another key element contained in the offer is modern front office applications, e.g. for the multi-channel sale of lending products that optimally support internet-based sales. Operating costs are also low thanks to the Java and open-source-oriented development technology.
- Address Luxembourg