We are looking for a motivated, fast learning Senior Software Test Developer with good programming, problem determination, and communication skills. The role will be supporting user story testing and automating in a high percentage of test cases for efficient CI processes. The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about quality improvement and is a team player. The applicant should have good knowledge of Java programming and a strong interest in iOS app testing.
Wire is a European start-up building a modern, secure and open source privacy-focused communications experience. We are a Swiss company with a development center in Berlin, Germany. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, united by shared passion for communication, design and technology.
Work with experts, multicultural team from 20 nationalities, competitive salary, relocation support, career growth opportunities, beautiful office with a rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin.
Functional programming languages, hardware of your choice, adjustable standing desks, high quality chairs, regular tech talks, developer meetups in the office, bike storage, table tennis, foosball, yoga, breakfasts and lunches.
Responsibilities as Test Developer (iOS)
- Create and execute test cases for new stories
- Automate and maintain test cases
- Collaborate with the designers on spec and use cases
- Be a part of the scrum team and scrum meetings
- Find, troubleshoot, investigate bugs and log them in Jira
- Share insights and bugs with the other QA members
- Support CS on escalated problems
- Report the testing progress and bugs status
- Be a quality gate keeper of the releases
- Coach and guide junior teammates on work assignment and problems solving
Requirements as Test Developer (iOS)
- 5+ years experience in software testing
- Good knowledge of Java
- Previous experience with automation and CI
- Advanced user of Jira
- Previous experience in shipping native apps for iOS
- Proactive and open minded person with the ability to think critically
- Good analytical skills and willingness to track down root causes of issues
Bachelor’s degree is required; technical degree preferred
Apply for job
Wire is a modern, secure messaging platform – End-to-End encrypted, open source and EU-based
With Wire, you can audio+video call, message, and share pictures, videos, and music in simple, beautiful conversations. Wire works on your phone, tablet and desktop, for personal and group conversations.
Wire is available for iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, Linux and web.
- Address Germany