We’re on the search for an experienced Senior Mobile Teamlead who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Unifly’s apps.
Your will develop the existing app and working together with a small team of product and engineering professionals, using various back-end service integrations.
Responsibilities as Senior Mobile Teamlead
- Use Xamarin to design and build applications for the iOS, Windows and Android platform
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications across multiple devices
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks, and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Your Skills as Senior Mobile Teamlead
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a professional environment.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, variable network connection handling, and performance and memory tuning tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles, patterns, interface guidelines and material design best practices is a plus
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch” and “swipe” is a plus
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Loves writing unit testing 😉
- Experience working with git and continuous integration tools
- Thrives in small teams / fast-paced environment / loose specs, with keen understanding of agile development process
- Highly dynamic, international, high-tech environment where you have the opportunity to help shape the future of the company
- Diverse and friendly team with people of all ages and experience levels
- Learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing
- Competitive Salary
- Cool, brand-new office located in Antwerp (Deurne Airport) with pleasant atmosphere, a kicker table, and social activities – we love to hang out and be social!
- Flexible working environment with excellent work/life balance, including the option to work from home
- The ability to work in an multi award-winning company, including “Scale Up of the Year”, “Best Emerging Drone Company”, “Most Promising Company” and “Best-in-Class”.
Apply for job
Unifly is software company that creates aviation-related solutions for drones and manned aviation. Unifly is also a spin-off company of VITO (Flemish institute for technological research). Unifly was founded by a team that combines a unique combination of knowledge and expertise in aviation.
Experienced Air Traffic Controllers, Licensed Professional Pilots and Software Engineers shared a vision. A vision that Aviation could be rendered safer by creating a management platform that would enable the safe integration of drones into the manned aviation system.
In 1911, the Wright Brothers performed the first motorised flight. Very soon after that, they and other early aviation enthousiasts discovered that flying is not without risk. Many young pioneers lost their lives in airplane crashes. Legislators realized that a new set of rules were necessary to make flying safe and useful. Over the years, a comprehensive international set of regulations has been created to address all issues of flight safety. Aircraft must comply with strict reliability requirements and must be certified before it can be used. Airmen must undergo rigorous training and must be medically sound in order to be allowed to fly aircraft and must have a pilot license. Aircraft operators must adhere to strict procedure.
Safety is on the top of the minds of everyone who is active in Aviation. Flying is the safest means of travel and the safest means of transport. Enter: the Drones. Technological evolution has made it possible for just about everyone to buy a drone and send it aloft. First there were a few. Now there are many.
The very safe Aviation system was never designed to cater for the large amounts of small unmanned vehicles flying at very low levels. THE challenge for the industry is to ensure safe cohabitation of manned and unmanned in a safe manner. And that is what Unifly wants to stand for.
“UniFly wants to bridge the gap between manned and unmanned aviation.”
- Address Belgium