Key responsibilities and duties as Frontend Engineer
- Maintain and develop a UI that lets mechanical enginners handle the complexities of researching materials and generates trust in the Matmatch data and search engine.
- Keep a good balance between UX, SEO and maintainability
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers.
- Guide external and junior developers.
Requirements and desired skills
- 3+ years experience in developing complex web frontends
- Track record of implementing responsive/adaptive designs with and without CSS frameworks/libraries
- Some experience with and broad knowledge of backend web technologies
Current frontend stack
- ReactJS + Redux application driving complex query builder search input, results and comparison
- Responsive page design implemented with SASS, partly on top of Twitter Bootstrap, partly custom flexbox solutions
- Pages rendered with Thymeleaf template engine and Spring Boot server
- We are considering moving to an isomorphic React stack with NodeJS.
What can you expect?
- Be part of a new dynamic team and shape the future right from the beginning starting August 2017
- Join a well-funded start-up venture backed by a large corporation
- Receive an attractive package that balances work and life in the boom town of Munich, Germany
Apply for job
Matmatch is an online platform for the search, evaluation and sourcing of engineering materials. Our knowledge base features in-depth information on raw, processed and semi-finished materials of all kinds. Whether you’re exploring new options for materials or making sure you have the right one, you can rely on the data, technology and our community.
Our platform combines an intuitive interface with sophisticated search tools. You can find materials by application, property, category, shape/dimension and supplier. Apply advanced filters and get answers to all your questions. For Materials Suppliers:
We offer you a new, exciting route to promote your product. You can establish your unique expertise in particular product applications areas, access advanced analytics on your customers and drive new sales leads. By joining us, you gain visibility and worldwide exposure for your materials and brand.
For Materials Buyers: You can browse Matmatch to easily find material data for metals, ceramics, polymers and composites. Compare properties of different materials, find similar engineering materials and explore the list of providers. Membership is completely free for buyers!
Join a global community of product designers, engineers, academics, and material suppliers. Become a part of Matmatch today.
- Address Germany