We at Booxware (a part of the Tipico Group) are open-minded, multicultural and passionate about delivering pioneering software on various platforms. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organized and dedicated to success. We stick to our dynamic culture which fosters creative thinking, end-to-end responsibility and innovative visions. Hence, we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals (m/f) who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative agile environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS BACKEND DEVELOPER
- Collaborate with our multicultural teams to build great products and features
- Conception, design and implementation of modern future solutions based on Spring Boot Microservices
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices in programming
- Build efficient and reusable systems and abstractions
YOUR PERSONALITY AS BACKEND DEVELOPER
- Flexible, pro-active mindset with an emphasis on quality
- Innovative in both personal and technological development
- Great team player who enjoys collaborating to achieve the goal
- Affinity for agile methodologies
- Quick learning and positive attitude
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- University degree in Computer Science or related programs and at least 6 years of experience in Java Development
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g. well-designed APIs)
- Proven professional experience with Java, JEE or Spring
- Experience with modern Java Libraries (Java 8 is desirable) and tooling is a plus
- Sound knowledge in relational databases and schema design
- Familiarity with microservice technologies, such as Spring Boot
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Understanding of, and desire to write clean code
- Experience with agile development processes and tools like Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Sonar, Jenkins etc.
- Strong communication skills in English, German is desirable
YOUR ADVANTAGES WITH US
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Trainings (internal/external) and further qualifications programs
- National, as well as international, company and team events
Apply for job
In 2002, a cooperation between bookmakers and software developers set itself the goal of bringing enthusiasm for sport and the excitement of betting even closer together. Out of this cooperation, BOOXWARE was born: a concept of providing dedicated, high-quality hardware and software solutions for the sports betting industry – from a single source, End2End, including perfect service support. Today, BOOXWARE Software Systems and BOOXWARE Software Development are among the pioneers in this specialised field and work individually and in cooperation with Europe’s leading betting providers and their franchise partners.
At our locations in Karlsruhe and Munich, we constantly hone new ideas for even better hardware and software modules to deliver uncompromising betting pleasure – for the customer and for our partners.
- Address Germany