Web development is all about communication. It just happens you love talking to servers: you’re an excellent interpreter of PHP!
YOUR JOB AS PHP DEVELOPER
You’re a stickler for code quality and performance. You’ve been coding PHP for a while now. You strongly believe in the Symfony ecosystem, though you’re never shy to dip your toes in new and improved frameworks.
Configuration, security, performance, and scalability are your commandments: you code, test, troubleshoot, debug and document intricate web applications. You love working on challenging large projects with complex domain models. You break the back of the beast called 3rd party API’s; you cope with their complexities like rate limits, error messages, etc. You don’t shy away from making your own APIs, either.
You’ll get the opportunity to implement new features in existing products, as well as to design and to build new products from the ground up for our clients.
At November Five, we firmly believe that building strong products is teamwork. You collaborate with team members on the best practices around web development. You might even get enthusiastic about code reviews.
- You are a skilled PHP developer with a deep knowledge of the Symfony2 framework.
- You’ve developed secure, reliable and efficient REST API’s for the web.
- You’re always hunting for the latest and greatest weapon to wield. We leverage loads of tools, languages and libraries: vagrant, nginx, composer, git, MySQL, memcached, SNS, …
- You can study and curate the best libraries to match our set.
- You’re not afraid of dipping your toes into node.js or Python based server-side technologies.
- Leveraging everything Amazon and their cloud competitors have to offer is appealing to you.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, NoSQL stores like Amazon DynamoDB and Redis is a plus.
- Experience with working in Scrum is a big plus.
- Fluent speaker of English or Dutch. Russian only when drunk.
You come to work within a fast-growing company with a professional yet young and informal culture. You’ll be welcomed by our wonderful team of talented people.
We all enjoy flexible office hours and an attractive salary with some cherries on top, including a fresh daily lunch made by our beloved chef Aunty Hilde. You’ll also get ample opportunities to grow as the company grows. Our transparent wage and function trajectories will give you a roadmap of what to expect of your career with us. We also encourage learning and personal growth with an annual personal budget for each employee, which you can use to expand your expertise.
And last but not least: you’ll be working on challenging projects for our diverse list of clients.
Apply for job
At November Five, we fuse business, design and technology. We help our partners strategize, come up with truly innovative ideas and turn them into high-quality products. We work end-to-end to shape, build and sustain digital products and services that will leave their mark.
We are an Antwerp-based, privately owned company with an all-encompassing love for all things digital. Started by four complementary founders in 2009, we can now count on more than 50 fast and furious team members.
Our team-driven approach, partnership mentality, constant urge to push boundaries and thorough understanding of the full spectrum of technology is what makes us November Five.
- Address Belgium