Ryanair Labs is a state of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub based in Dublin and Wroclaw, creating Europe’s Leading Travel Experience for customers. As a result of our continued expansion, we are opening an new office in the heart of Madrid City Centre and we want to hear from the best IT developers Madrid has to offer to join our Travel Labs.
The Node.JS Engineer Role
We are looking for talented Node.js developers to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Travel Labs at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Node.JS Engineer will include
- Delivering best in class applications across the Ryanair.com platform.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using Agile work practices.
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders.
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team.
Requirements as Node.JS Engineer
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- 2+ years experience with Node.js and server-side development.
- Expert level knowledge of Node.js.
- Expert knowledge of relational and non relational databases such as MYSQL/MongoDB/Couchbase.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Knowledge of Node.js and framework available for it such as Loopback/Express.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of API development, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Angular/React/Vue.
- Understanding of frontend technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Expert knowledge and experience with JSON, XML, RESTful Web Services.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Good English communication skills.
Here’s what would be nice to have:
- Comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with TDD/BDD and continuous integration environment
- Experience running production services in AWS.
You’d be a great fit if you:
- Raise the bar for your team technically, and are tenacious, curious and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with a lot of context and minimal guidance
- If you have a Github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you’re particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new technology that you’re really excited about, tell us all about it!
Apply for job
Ryanair is Europe’s Number 1 airline, carrying over 131m customers p.a. on more than 2,000 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 205 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of 430 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 240 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m customers p.a. by FY24.
Ryanair has a team of more than 13,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 32-year safety record.
In 2017, we became the first European airline to have carried over 1 billion customers.
- Address Ireland