Your job: Lead / Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Are you a lead / senior java software engineer that would like to learn and grow with other great lead and senior software engineers?
- Do you want to work in an environment where they can really help you grow your leadership and mentoring skills?
- Do you want to cherry pick the best engineers to build your very own elite development team?
- How about working on ONLY the most awesome FinTech GREENFIELD projects here in Amsterdam and work on things like BlockChain and AI?
- And to top it all of work with Microservices Architecture, Reactive Programming, NoSQL, Docker, DevOps and CD?
Then you have come to the right place!
Your employer: Building the most Awesome Fintech Project company here in Amsterdam
Sometimes you look at a company and think: “Wow, I wish I has been part of that company where they just started out. That must have been an awesome ride!” Well, your chance has arrived! This company has best of both worlds: Vast capital, a strong vision, a very big network of most cutting edge FinTech clients/projects, amazing secondary benefits, 1 day per week paid to do PoC’s, R&D, be active in the community and spar with other Lead Engineers colleagues AND work with the most modern technologies while never having to leave the city of Amsterdam!
The idea is simple: Set up an elite unite of only the best front and back end specialists to cherry pick and run the most cutting edge software projects for the Dutch Fintech Industry, with a full focus on Amsterdam! As their mother company is the main influencers in the global marketplace from the beginning of Information Technology Consultancy they already have a vast group of clients dying to work with these elite teams. We already have hired multiple top lead software engineers with whom you will get to work, but we are looking for more of the best!
Their goal is to help their wide range of market leading clients within FinTech to disrupt and innovate markets, with hundreds of thousands even millions of consumers customers. The scale is vast! They only work on cutting edge projects in which they can really make an impact; do what has not been done before. Leveraging concepts like Blockchain, Reactive Programming, Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes.
If you want to help build the leader of FinTech software projects here in Amsterdam, and really help make an impact in the lives of everyday people consuming these highly useful and innovative Financial services, this is for you!
Your job: Lead / Senior Java Software Engineer Amsterdam
You as lead / senior java software engineer Amsterdam will get to build your very own software development team, which you will be leading on site here in Amsterdam, while working on cutting edge software projects. The nice thing is that they have a huge list of projects, from which you can cherry pick the most interesting projects to run. In this role you will be involved from the very beginning; speaking with the customer, transferring this into requirements and build the solution on projects that last between 6 months and 1,5 years, based on the best of breed technologies and methodologies. With your leadership experience you will cherry pick the best engineers available and build successful teams.
In projects you will be the technological leader towards customers and your dev team, getting requirements, sparring with them, deciding on architecture, team set up and technology stack. Allowing you to finally really do things in the best way, while also helping your development team be all they can be!
As lead / senior java software engineer Amsterdam you will be feeding this hub of software engineering innovation and communicating about the applications for modernizing industries on online media channels, through meetups and at conferences. You will call the smartest engineers in the Amsterdam Area your colleagues, which will quickly grow into a unit of a few dozen professionals.
You will visit the most innovative departments of this global organization, making connections and adding the companies best practices to your own. And next to that, the main focus will be on the in house development of the necessary tools here in Amsterdam to be able to service the market with the highest quality available.
You will enjoy the luxury of an open office space built to scale, together with multiple disruptive companies. With them you can share insights while you have a beer to celebrate the week’s successes.
Are you up for this soon to be great FinTech innovator?
What is required?
- A minimum of 6 years of professional java software engineering experience
- Experience as lead developer / technical lead
- A technical Bachelor or Master’s degree or similar level
- Experience with Spring Boot, Akka, Reactive programming or Actor based models are pluses
- Experience with Google App Engine, AWS or Azure is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL technology is a plus
- Experience with React, Angular or React Native is a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, TDD, Automated Testing or End to End testing is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 65.000 and € 80.000 gross per year + between 1 tot 2,5 months salary (paid out quarterly)
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- A permanent contract from the get go!
- Fully paid travel expenses
- Big budgets for going to seminars and conferences in the Netherlands and abroad
- Very generous pension
- 26 holidays
- Mobile phone
- Home internet
- Detailed personal development plan
Do you want to be part of this success story to be?
For all our other Java Software Engineering positions in Amsterdam please visit the CodeGuild Hall at www.codeguild.nl
- Minimum Years of Experience 3
- Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
- Salary Range 50K - 75K, 75K - 100K
- Relocation No
- This job has expired!
CODEGUILD – CRAFTING SOFTWARE CAREERS
Welcome to CodeGuild! The network of skilled software developers and software engineers.
We are a 100% dedicated Software Engineering Staffing Consultancy. We work closely with the men and women who work to use their passion for problem solving to create value for our society.
Software craftsman? We are your stepping stone towards Grand Mastery.
Moving your career forward has a lot to do with continuously stepping outside your comfort zone and always moving toward challenge. By combining our 10 years of experience in extensive market knowledge, local focus, clear process, in depth guidance and our passion for craftsmanship, we are the ideal agency to use for the full lifecycle of your software engineering career. From starting apprentice software engineer, all the way to an accomplished and respected Grand Master.
Software developer or software engineer?
Find out why working with us can be beneficial to your software craftsmanship career.
Software development manager, director, CTO or HR professional?
Find out why we are the partner of choice to help you fill your organization with the best software engineering talent.
- Address Amsterdam