ALTISSIA is looking for a junior “back-end” web developer, who would like to deploy his/her skills and creativity for a leader in the field of distance language learning.
- Active participation in the development and advancement of Altissia’s platforms (including Wallangues, Brulingua and Erasmus+ OLS)
- Active participation in the development and implementation of internal tools for creating and publishing content for language learning
- Participation in operational tasks (technical analysis, maintenance, correction of bugs).
- Master’s degree in information technology or a master’s degree in civil engineering technology or a bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Very good mastery of SQL databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring Boot, Hibernate and JHipster
- Knowledge of Apache/Tomcat is an asset
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Proactive, a team player, passionate about new technologies and result-oriented
- Very good knowledge of French and good knowledge of written and spoken English.
ALTISSIA is a Belgian group specialising in flexible, mobile and innovative language training. With its headquarters on the university campus at Louvain-la-Neuve, ALTISSIA is a company active in the European, North African, Middle Eastern, South American and Southeast Asian markets.
ALTISSIA has created an e-learning platform dedicated to learning the following 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Dutch.
ALTISSIA works for renowned institutions (e.g. Erasmus+ OLS project for the European Commission, Wallangues project for the region of Wallonia, Brulingua project for Actiris), international companies, (e.g. BNP Paribas, Carrefour and Microsoft, among others) as well as SMEs and private individuals.
Apply for job
Altissia International S.A., founded by linguistic experts from the academic world, was established as a private company in Belgium in 2005 with as vision to become an innovative & global leading player in distance learning for languages.
Altissia has a strong academic background, translating into a unique pedagogical method on its online language learning platform. Altissia’s headquarter is located on the UCL campus.
Altissia operates worldwide on B2B and B2C markets with a local team in Benelux, France, Spain, Brazil, Marocco and Indonesia.
Key corporate references include: Carrefour, ING, BNP Paribas Fortis, Microsoft, GDF-Suez, Telefonica, Pfizer, Swift, Total, Euroclear and CapGemini.
Today, Altissia is renowned for its ambitious institutional projects: Wallangues and Brulingua in Belgium and the Erasmus+ OLS designed along with the European Commission.
- Address Belgium