Tasks as Java Software Developer
- You work on the development/further development of FERNBACH applications.
- You work in a team and generally use defined processes and tried and tested methods for development purposes.Sometimes, you may also work with Xtreme programming or rapid prototyping.
- You are responsible for the design and development of software components, the relevant module and integration tests as well as for the appropriate documentation.
- In an agile team that works together closely, your expertise is required to meet the daily challenges from internal and external customers and to continuously develop our software further using modern technologies.
- Besides solving product-specific queries from our customers at technical level, you further develop our components and solutions using modern technologies (e.g PrimeFaces, JSF, Hibernate, etc.) and support the innovative and efficient mapping of functional processes for our customers and other interested parties.
- JavaEE and JavaEE compliant application server (JBOSS, Weblogic server)
- WebServices (JAX-WS/RS, Axis2), AJAX, XML/XSL(T)
- JSP / JSF as UI framework (e.g. PrimeFaces)
- Databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
- IDE: Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
- Groovy and internal DSL.
- Maven, SVN
- TestNG, JMeter, SoapUI
Requirements as Java Software Developer
- A university degree (or equivalent) in Informatics or Business Informatics, or similar training
- Fluent written and spoken German, English (very good to good written and spoken)
- Experience with Java EE (at least Java EE 6, Java EE 7 would be an asset), JSF, JSP, Groovy and XML
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming and object modelling
- Experience with Linux, Windows as an operating system for development and test environments
The following would be an advantage but are not essential:
- Experience in using JSF/PrimeFaces, JPA/Hibernate, Maven, JQuery and in app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience in using application servers (JBOSS WildFly, Oracle WebLogic Server)
- Experience with agile development projects
- Experience in the financial or insurance sectors
What you can expect
- Very good working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours and models
- Flat hierarchies
- Diversity in the workplace, international teams
- Very good transport connections, free parking
Apply for job
FERNBACH is a group of medium-sized companies operating worldwide in software and consulting.
For the past thirty years, we enjoyed considerable success in the financial technology sector. A broad customer base, ranging from international financial institutions to regional private banks, relies on FERNBACH’s solutions.
Since the beginning, our team has covered all the topics related to interest and currency-based operations. This comprises requirements for the treasury and accounting departments as well as all kinds of legal standards.
Another key element contained in the offer is modern front office applications, e.g. for the multi-channel sale of lending products that optimally support internet-based sales. Operating costs are also low thanks to the Java and open-source-oriented development technology.
- Address Luxembourg