Java Engineer Role Description
We need experienced Software Engineers to be part of our rapidly expanding global engineering effort – whilst Java is our core language, we are also keen to hear from experienced Engineers in other languages (C++, C#, Scala etc)
As Java Engineer you have:
- A passion for engineering – You are an experienced server-side developer with a proven track record of delivering great software.
- Extra points if you’ve delivered online/web/SaaS applications or have particular strength in multi-user and multi-threaded scenarios. Even more kudos if you’ve experience of handling large multi-dimensional data structures in-memory.
- An understanding of testing – You write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce. If you’re an advocate of TDD, even better.
- Experience of back-end development, preferably using Java 8 and knowledge of the major development tool sets but strong skills in C++ or C# or Scala would also be great!
- You can be quickly productive in IntelliJ, you’ve managed large codebases in GitHub and are familiar with branch/merge techniques.
- You can discuss design patterns, memory management and performance optimisation. You can write code from the ground up without needing frameworks….if you’re a full-stack developer and have skills on front-end too – even better!
- Ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team – You enjoy working closely with others, teaching and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm – cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
- A highly organised and professional attitude to work – You’re an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic and you know how to build trust.
- Big technical problems to solve – You’ll have the chance to push boundaries and learn from an excellent team.
- The opportunity to work for one of the coolest hyper-growth companies in technology.
- We already have an award-winning working Software Development environments in York, Paris and San Francisco….Continued growth and success mean we are investing in creating a significant Software Development environment in London (which we hope will win awards too).
- A long list of incredible benefits worthy of a leading Silicon Valley tech firm. We offer highly competitive packages – we’re serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry.
- A rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you. You’ll be working with super smart people who are pushing Java to its limits.
Apply for job
Anaplan is driving a new age of connected planning. Large and fast-growing organizations use Anaplan’s cloud platform in every business function to make better-informed plans and decisions and drive faster, more effective planning processes.
Originally founded in York, UK and now headquartered in San Francisco, Anaplan has offices all over the world. In fact we may be the most successful company you’ve never heard of.
We are a slice of Silicon Valley in the heart of both London and Yorkshire, on a mission to revolutionise how companies analyse and plan their businesses. And it’s working – we are already trusted by hundreds of Fortune 2000 companies and we’ve only just begun.
- Address UK