Our team & you
To continue to change and improve the lives of our 235+ million customers, we’re building a world-class, product-first organization and aggressively scaling the team. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
Within 30 days, you’ll…
- Meet your Lead in London and visit Amsterdam to learn about our architecture, style guidelines, best practices and build systems.
- Take a leading role in the team in London and help with recruitment of all remaining open positions.
- Become personally part of a Scrum team working on the end-to-end development of a single feature set within the Veon app. Our Scrum teams are self-contained, comprising a product owner, scrum master, embedded QA, designer and backend and mobile developers.
- Actively participate in our Agile rituals, discussing our development process and helping suggest improvements or alternatives.
Within 60 days, you’ll…
- Learn the skills of your Scrum team and the other members of the iOS development team and share whatever unique experience or knowledge might be of value to ongoing efforts.
- Become an expert in your feature domain and help the PO and SM drive improvements in the product. Be the owner of the iOS implementation of the feature and communicate key issues or successes with your Lead and peers.
- Participate in cross-scrum technical knowledge sharing with your peers in London and in Amsterdam.
- Help in paying off the project’s technical debt, through refactoring, rearchitecting and debugging.
Within 90 days, you’ll…
- Discuss your preference for the next quarter with your manager. Some scrums are provisional, so their members are repurposed once their deliverables are met, while permanent scrums have members who can be cycled each quarter.
What else will you do?
- Employ test driven coding (TDD) principals, allowing us to ship often with a high degree of confidence.
- You will own the code for your feature and participate in the review process of other iOS developers.
- You will provide mentoring to improve the knowledge and skills of the iOS developers on the project.
- Participate in keeping the code up-to-date through regular re-factoring of legacy components.
- Identify and remove technical impediments.
A bit about you:
- Proven experience working in mid-size or large teams of developers (4+)
- Mastery of Git and deep knowledge of all its features
- Profound experience of the iOS platform in high-load mobile environments
- Deep experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience in setting design and technology guidelines for new products
- Mastery of Swift 3 and/or 4, Objective-C, iOS Frameworks and XCode, Cocoa-pods
- TDD approach to development
- Understanding of applications, integration and network architectures
- High workflow flexibility and strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience using an Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
Apply for job
VEON is an international communications and technology company driven by a vision to unlock new opportunities for our customers as they navigate the digital world. Present in some of the world’s most dynamic markets, VEON provides more than 235 million customers with voice, fixed broadband, data and internet services. VEON’s heritage as a pioneer in technology is the driving force behind a major transformation focused on bringing the digital world to each and every customer.
- Address Netherlands