What it´s all about:
You love developing Apps for Android? You use a butterknife not only while breakfast? When you hear “Otto” and “Bus” you don´t only think about the Simpsons? You want to work in a dynamic team with motivated colleagues from all over the world? You have strong interest in new technologies, passion for developing apps and want to work in a technology focused company?
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our mobile strategy, we are looking for a Senior Android Developer (f/m). In this position, you will be responsible for the optimization and maintenance of our existing Android App and development of completely new apps from scratch.
- Develop Apps for Android phones and tablets by collaborating with a user-centered and self-organized team
- Write High Quality Code, that needs to be clean, self-explanatory and flexible
- Work with modern libraries like okhttp, retrofit, dagger
- Help driving the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
- Mentor and develop junior members of our team and share knowledge e.g. within pair programming
- Bring in your own ideas and work closely with UX and the rest or the team to implement Google Design Guidelines into our Android app
- Work closely with other developers to ensure feature parity across platforms as well as conduct reviews of designs, test plans, code and documentation, of both your own work and that of colleagues, to ensure that these meet agreed standards
- You establish a Continous Integration System and Build-Pipeline to get fast feedback from stakeholder & QA
- Monitor and participate in workflow tracking and documentation and decide on tooling, e.g. Trello
- Deep knowledge and practical experience with the Android SDK, ADT and Android Studio
- A minimum of 2+ years of Android development and experience with RxJava
- Experience with Kotlin is a nice to have
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles coupled with a “Don’t make me think” understanding of usability
- Experience with RESTful APIs (JSON) and 3rd party libraries integration
- Experience developing against multiple devices and screen sizes
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, GIT, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Ruby a plus
- Be part of one of Europe’s most loved internet brands
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- To see your ideas become a reality and generate value
- Work with the latest technology and access to a large test device farm with latest Android smartphones and tablets
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Work in a beautiful loft in Berlin Charlottenburg
Apply for job
DaWanda is an online marketplace for unique and handmade items, where designers and creatives offer their one of a kind and limited-edition products for sale. On the website you can find unique fashion, accessories, baby items and home decor.
We are a social commerce platform, where consumers can exchange creative ideas and get inspired by one another.
Going against the grain of mass-production, DaWanda is a haven for those who value individuality and responsible consumption as much as they like the latest trends. For designers and employees alike, DaWanda offers a springboard from which talent can unfold and develop an amazing career.
About the Company: The company was founded in 2006 and its headquarter is located in Berlin. The platform is available in seven languages: German, English, French, Polish and Spanish. More than 200 employees from 20 different nations work at DaWanda today.
DaWanda in Numbers:
- over 360,000 designers
- ca. 6 million products, with 15,000 new products listed daily
- 6.9 million members • 200 staff members from twenty different countries
- over 200 million page impressions per month
- 20 million visits per month
- A bag is sold every minute, an item for children every 30 seconds, and an item of jewellery every 20 seconds.
- Address Berlin