We are looking for an awesome Erlang Back End Software Developer to join our team in Amsterdam .
We continue and change the lives of our 235 million customers, we’re building a world-class Back End organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
Core technologies of our stack:
Erlang, NoSql,Linux, Microservices,XMPP
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Ramp up on VEON’s engineering stack and learn functional patterns by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by your peers
- Complete your engineering starter project and deploy your first changes to production!
- Have a clear idea of the role of the Engagement platform within VEON innovation patterns
- Apply standards for user authentication and authorization
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions
- Discuss and challenge solutions with your colleagues (including some good old whiteboard brainstorming….)
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Develop micro services for the back end of the international VEON chat application while managing different types of data (text, images, video, voices, events etc)
- Take ownership of the project you will be part of, ensuring it performs properly and can be monitored. You will help QA colleagues in troubleshooting and ensuring stable releases and deployments
- Propose new technical solutions or paradigms
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Work closely with product team to educate on best practices: how to write efficient database queries, patterns for more performant tasks, identify performance bottlenecks
- Take ownership of a service or a set of services within the VEON platform
- Help your colleagues getting up to speed with the technology stack
- Work with other teams to design solutions that scale properly and perform robustly
A bit about you:
- You’re smart and can find a way to show us.
- You’re awesome with at least Erlang
- We are looking for someone who have rich experience of development in a load intensive environment. Someone who also have commercial software product development experience and not purely building internal or personal software projects.
- You will have to demonstrate enthusiasm for learning and discovering new solutions and paradigms. We appreciate attention to quality and ability to create software that is maintainable and easy to undersand.
- You are resilient. Pierangelo, your future colleague, has a great way to describe the excitement of creating from scratch at VEON. He says: “We’re like a green field — there’s a lot of room for introducing new ideas. But we don’t like you to sit in a room and code by yourself for three days. Solutions are best if built together”
Apply for job
VEON is an international communications and technology company driven by a vision to unlock new opportunities for our customers as they navigate the digital world. Present in some of the world’s most dynamic markets, VEON provides more than 235 million customers with voice, fixed broadband, data and internet services. VEON’s heritage as a pioneer in technology is the driving force behind a major transformation focused on bringing the digital world to each and every customer.
- Address Netherlands