DESCRIPTION – DEVOPS ENGINEER
When I say server, security, system admin, you say APIs and automation! You’re adamant that there’s no excuse for doing a boring job twice – that’s what automation is for.
It’s a law of the universe: something will break eventually… And that will be your time to shine!
You make Spencer run smoothly 24 hours a day, every day, all year long. You’re the guardian angel of Spencer’s infrastructure, ensuring success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the Azure platform and internal infrastructure. You’re just as devoted to high levels of functional and operational quality, as to making life easier for our developers and customers.
Your gift to our developers is your talent for automation. The automated processes and workflows you create and maintain help them launch scalable test, development, and production systems.
You also keep our application stacks clean, optimized and organized. You create development standards and guidelines and promote best practices in development setup, security patterns and deployment automation.
REQUIREMENTS AS DEVOPS ENGINEER
- You have experience with Azure, they might even call you an expert.
- You have the Azure Solutions Architect certification or you’re willing to work towards obtaining it.
- You’re hands-on and have the desire to quickly ramp on our stack.
- You know the Linux ecosystem inside and out. You know your way around tools like nginx, php-fpm, memcached, elasticsearch, mysql…
- You understand the finer details of building, maintaining and deploying scalable and highly available web applications.
- You’re familiar with the concepts of load balancing, reverse proxy, content delivery networks, stateless web applications, asynchronous processing, caching, vpn, nat and dns.
- You have experience with a configuration management and orchestration tool such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- You’re fluent in Python; other programming languages are a plus.
- Experience with working in Scrum is a big plus.
BENEFITS AS DEVOPS ENGINEER
Spencer’s team is building the best, most easy-to-use mobile workplace assistant. Our amazingly skilled and motivated people – your teammates – are our secret ingredient. We will make sure you get to experiment with the latest technology to expand your knowledge and skills.
Because Spencer is a growing product, your work will have huge impact. Ideas and curiosity are expected and encouraged, as Spencer evolves with you.
Apart from the chance to flex your muscles working on a great product, Spencer also offers some extra perks. His offer includes an informal culture, flexible hours, a healthy breakfast and lunch thanks to our in-house chef and lots of after-work activities.
Apply for job
Spencer is a young product company with a single goal: building the best mobile personal assistant the business world has ever seen. We’re on a mission to defragment the fragmented workplace.
Spencer consists of an intelligent cloud layer and sleek mobile and desktop apps. With these elements, he unifies information and actions from across any enterprises critical tools into a single, employee centric and easy-to-use interface.
- Address Belgium