Mendix is a visual, model-based IDE to create mobile & web apps. On top of this, our platform supports cloud deployment, feedback & collaboration and reusable components via our app store. As a result, Mendix is the fastest and easiest way to create and continuously improve mobile and web apps at scale.
Our R&D team works with the latest technologies to create our innovative platform — React, Node.js, TypeScript, Cloudfoundry/Pivotal/AWS, C#, Scala, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, etc. And because more than 40,000 developers from 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Mendix, each commit has the potential to impact not just them but millions of end users.
We’re investing to accelerate our momentum and we’re looking to grow our global team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team – then Mendix is for you.
As Cloud Engineer you’ll help our customers by:
- Working on our world-wide Mendix Cloud that enables our customers to deploy and run their applications with one click
- Building, shipping and maintaining Distributed Systems and Micro Services
- Building a scalable, reliable and highly available platform on top of unreliable infrastructure
- Assuring all systems are always available by also being responsible for running them in production, we are a DevOps team with 3rd line on-call support duty
You’re the innovator Cloud Engineer we need if you have:
- A BSc./MSc./PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong skills in software development and scripting paired with a deep understanding of distributed systems and their specific failure scenarios
- Running *nix on your workstation
- Fluent skills in English
- A passion about technology. Show us your hobby projects!
- Proficiency with Java, Python, Go or other relevant modern languages.
- Experience with cloud development and technologies, especially AWS and Cloud Foundry
Benefits at Mendix:
- Relaxed environment with the coolest office in the Netherlands, and great view of the Erasmusbrug
- Intelligent and fun colleagues from all over the world
- Free soda and snacks (and beers on Friday)
- Fully-stocked buffet lunch
- Standard equipment is dual 24″ monitors, a high-end notebook (maxed out ThinkPad T460s is default at the moment), docking station, a great keyboard (current selection includes Filco
- Ninja Majestouch-2, Das Keyboard Model S, Das Keyboard 4, Code Keyboard)
Apply for job
- Address Rotterdam