The SCIA Product Development team is looking for a skilled software engineer to join our R&D team and take responsibility for the development of web-based applications within an R&D context. The successful candidate values craftsmanship in software engineering, is passionate about product innovations, has a successful track record in developing web-based applications from scratch and can work independently and remotely.
You will join SCIA as a member of our strategic R&D project and collaborate with other teams across the Nemetschek group to research and pilot product and technology innovations. Your team will be distributed (The Netherlands, Belgium and Czech Republic).
- Design and development of web applications
- Connect web applications to our desktop application and vice versa
- Work according to lean & agile development principles using Kanban
- Monitoring IT trends, innovation and new technologies
- Participation in knowledge sharing and continuous improvements
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW
- Outstanding software design skills including Rest API design, design patterns and UML
- Test-driven development practices
- Advanced knowledge of C#
- Experience with mixed code and C++ is advantageous
- Knowledge of JSON, SQL, ASP.NET
- Experience with developments in Visual Studio
- Experience with SOA architecture
- Software design & development craftsmanship
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Independent worker and team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineer and Computer Science
- At least 3 years of relevant experiences for desktop and web applications
Apply for job
SCIA, founded in 1974, is a software company with 40 years of experience, headquartered in Belgium, which develops, markets and supports software products for structural engineering and structural analysis in the construction market. SCIA’s software is typically used to design buildings, bridges, and other complex engineering structures.
We continuously inspire our partners and customers to move their limits in designing, analyzing and building any kind of structure. Even the most audacious projects allow them to keep their full creativity and effectiveness. Every day our clients rely to be more successful in business and to address their real challenges in construction.
- Address Belgium