Stuart is the disruptive on-demand urban logistics platform that will transform our daily lives. Our technology allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their local customers with never-before-seen speed and efficiency. We create thousands of economic opportunities for businesses and courier partners whilst redefining customer expectations when it comes to delivery.
After rapidly scaling both our operations and our business metrics, Geopost has acquired Stuart. We are entering a new era, looking to cement our position as the leading provider of express urban delivery. We now operate in Paris, London, Barcelona, Madrid and Lyon… with many more cities across Europe in the pipeline for 2017.
We are a growing group of free-thinking designers, engineers and startup enthusiasts who love to invent new and improved ways of doing things. From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation manager our strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team.
You wanna be part of that? We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer in Barcelona who will help to build a complex but stable real-time logistics system on Ruby. You are an all-time learner and love to go deep and broad at the same time? Then you are the perfect architect for our backend!
What you will do as Backend Engineer?
- Understand the product and make sure its great in terms of usability, robustness and business value
- Write clean code and take responsibility for it
- Improve code quality through testing and code review
- A lot of troubleshooting and problem solving
- Carry out projects in related fields to widen your knowledge in software engineering
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- More than 4 years experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Proficient with unit testing
- If you want to put a smile on our faces: Experience with Elixir
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Be right there from the start of a success story
- Extras like flexible working hours, catered lunch, gym membership, ping pong table, private health insurance…
After reading all this just a few last but important words: We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday.
Apply for job
Stuart is a disruptive B2B on-demand delivery platform that connects retailers with local couriers, enabling anyone to deliver anything at any time.
We’re powering the future of urban logistics, helping both small and big businesses move their goods through cities faster than anyone ever imagined.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… our strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. In less than one year, we grew up from 3 to more than 96 employees with offices in 3 countries and 5 cities : Barcelona, Paris, London, Madrid & Lyon. Co-Founded in 2015 by Clément Benoit & Benjamin Chemla (Resto-In), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.
In March 2017, Stuart was acquired by GeoPost, the leading international express delivery subsidiary of the French Groupe La Poste. Stuart’s revolution is already on its way. Ready to take part in it?
- Address Spain