MOBGEN delivers mobile platforms that strengthen the relationship between customers and brands or companies and employees. We aim to make mobile interaction easy, engaging and rewarding, so that users become loyal and life-long brand-ambassadors. We’re looking for a seasoned Backend developer to help us do just that.
Why Backend Developers are important at MOBGEN?
As Backend Developer you are responsible for the development, architectural design and implementation of server side applications, web services and API’s.
You translate requirements into a full working functional design, create (client friendly) documentation for all services and or API’s and assist the frontend team during implementation.
Senior developers assist juniors by answering technical questions and lead by example demonstrating best practice application design choices.
What you will do as Backend Developer
- Lead technical projects, ensuring the wishes of the client and end-user;
- Create technical designs and manage a timely implementation of it. Keeping in control of project specifications, company’s design, coding and performance tuning standards;
- Work closely with other development units in the company to share information regarding application subject matters and know-how.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Solid engineering fundamentals with expertise in web development technologies;
- At least 5 years of experience as a developer;
- Solid understanding of OOP;
- Design and develop enterprise RESTful web services;
- Strong experience with either PHP or Node.js;
- Good experience with some frameworks (e.g. for PHP Yii, Symfony, Laravel, etc. For Node.js ExpressJS, Koa, etc);
- Very good understanding of RDBMS and NoSQL database systems;
- Understanding of different caching mechanisms;
- Advanced knowledge of design and architectural patterns;
- Source control system (GIT, Mercurial);
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Experience with Linux servers;
- Capable of clarifying complex problems and structures to a broad audience;
- Experience in large IT projects, preferably in the mobile area;
- Communicative, accurate and pragmatic;
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Good knowledge of English spoken and written;
Nice to have as Backend Developer
- Previous experience in the mobile area;
- Experience in TDD;
- Experience with Continuous Delivery;
- Cloud infrastructure (Docker, AWS, Google Cloud);
- Experience as team leader.
- Salary in accordance with your responsibilities
- Being part of an enthusiast group of 13 Back-end developers that you can share ideas with
- Interesting projects to work on
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks at the office
- Team building activities throughout the year
- Internal hackathons, participation to conferences, e-learning
- Nice package of benefits (mobile phone, health insurance, flex payslip, and more!)
Apply for job
MOBGEN delivers mobile platforms that strengthen the relationship between customers and brands or companies and employees. We aim to make mobile interaction easy, engaging and rewarding, so that users become loyal and life-long brand-ambassadors. We do this by striking the right balance between strategy, creativity and technology.
With more than 150 mobile specialists working from 4 locations, Amsterdam, London, A Coruña and Malaga, MOBGEN helps companies to become more efficient, customer oriented and competitive by making the best use of the mobile channel in the B2C, B2E and B2B area.
We work for global clients like Shell International, Inditex, ABN AMRO, Van Lanschot Bankiers / Evi, Persgroep / AutoTrack, Aegon, VVV, Stage Entertainment, NCOI / NIBE-SVV, TOTO, Bouwfonds, Boskalis, Uniekaas, PON and Vimpelcom.
The services that MOBGEN provides include: Mobile strategy, UI/UX design, usability testing, system architecture, development & integration, mobile portal development (native, hybrid, html5), quality assurance and run, maintain and analytics of mobile platforms. In addition, MOBGEN provides SAAS-based mobile-solutions for retail CRM & loyalty, sales-enhancement and (private) banking.
- Address Netherlands