We at Booxware (a part of the Tipico Group) are open-minded, multicultural and passionate about delivering pioneering software on various platforms. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organized and dedicated to success. We stick to our dynamic culture which fosters creative thinking, end-to-end responsibility and innovative visions. Hence, we are on the hunt for self-driven individuals (m/f) who want to join us because they like being challenged and love to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
Resposibilities as Application Security Engineer
- Perform security audits for on-going projects for both architecture and implementation/Code Review
- Work as a security mentor helping to establish secure development activities in SDLC end-to-end
- Perform security trainings for development teams and support teams
- Define secure architecture for new projects and existing ones
- Collaborate with internal clients and development teams, in terms of building a consistent understanding of security requirements, main threats, mitigations implemented
- Coordinate and communicate work with other members of the security team (e.g. Infrastructure Security Experts, Penetration Testers)
Qualifications as Application Security Engineer
- A degree in computer science and at least 4 years of development experience in Java including knowledge of at least one security development methodology
- Familiarity with existing security standards (e.g. OWASP, PCI DSS, NIST etc.)
- Knowledge of main security-related activities in development such as threat modeling, Security Code Review
- Understanding of the nature of security threats and their classification (e.g. XSS, SQL Injection etc.)
- Technical expertise, skills in analysis, unit testing, debugging and problem resolution
- Certifications in any IT security area are desirable
- Strong communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Good salary (based on experience)
- Start-up feeling in a high-volume business and working in an exciting growth industry
- Friendly and international team in an engaging work atmosphere
- Flexible working hours, we don’t track time, we trust our people
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning. Everyone have their own personal development yearly budget of €1200. Buy books, short courses or magazine subscriptions
- We provide agile, flexible, relaxed working environment and team events
- Help with the international relocation process from start to finish
- 28 days of paid leave, as long as you promise to come back!
- Fresh fruits, cold drinks and as much coffee as you can drink
Apply for job
In 2002, a cooperation between bookmakers and software developers set itself the goal of bringing enthusiasm for sport and the excitement of betting even closer together. Out of this cooperation, BOOXWARE was born: a concept of providing dedicated, high-quality hardware and software solutions for the sports betting industry – from a single source, End2End, including perfect service support. Today, BOOXWARE Software Systems and BOOXWARE Software Development are among the pioneers in this specialised field and work individually and in cooperation with Europe’s leading betting providers and their franchise partners.
At our locations in Karlsruhe and Munich, we constantly hone new ideas for even better hardware and software modules to deliver uncompromising betting pleasure – for the customer and for our partners.
- Address Germany